One of the most effective and simplest ways to get people to follow you is to engage with them. After all, 99.99% of people on Twitter don’t even know that you exist.
You can write thousands upon thousands of life-changing Tweets but if people aren’t interacting with you in some way then they’re never going to read those tweets and realize how awesome you are – and how beneficial it is to them to develop a deeper relationship with you.
If you want to get a particular person to follow you (and view your all-important Twitter Bio) then you will need to behave in a way to get yourself positively noticed by ‘paying it forward subtly showing that person ‘social love.’
Here are the concrete actions you will want to take:
- Head over to their timeline and read their tweets.
- Retweet their best content, and for added punch, write a little comment in the space Twitter provides you.
- Click on their links, read what they’re sharing and respond to those tweets.
- If you have used their product, or read their book and got value from it then Tweet a recommendation and use their @twitterhandle in the Tweet. If you include an image of the book or your results from using their product that makes Tweet even more potent.
- Try to be useful. Answer their questions. Ask them questions. Comment on their opinions.
- Pay subtle and sincere compliments. Recommend them to your other friends and followers. And so on.
Do all of this politely and regularly without being a nuisance and they will pay attention.
While this is not a 100% sure-fire method to guarantee you get followed (and perhaps will be hard to apply to mega superstars) – it will dramatically increase your chances.
If you got value from this content please click on the share buttons below and if you have any questions please leave a comment and I will get back right back to you.